Tuesday, March 15, 2011
11:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Join Research!America for the 2011 National Health Research Forum on March 15! This annual event brings together heads of federal agencies for health and science research, as well as leaders from industry, academia and patient advocacy.
Lunch will be served at 11:45 a.m. and Research!America's chair, The Honorable John Edward Porter, will provide welcoming remarks beginning at 12:10 p.m. Michael Riley, managing editor of Bloomberg Government, and Clive Crook, senior editor of The Atlantic, will serve as moderators for two back-to-back panels with audience Q&A.
Confirmed panelists include:
- John J. Castellani, president and CEO, PhRMA
- The Hon. Mike Castle, member of U.S. Congress (1993-2011)
- Carolyn M. Clancy, MD, director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- Francis S. Collins, MD, PhD, director, National Institutes of Health
- Victor Dzau, MD, chancellor of health affairs, Duke University
- Thomas R. Frieden, MD, MPH, director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Margaret A. Hamburg, MD, commissioner, Food and Drug Administration
- Harry Johns, MBA, president & CEO, Alzheimer\'s Association
- David C. Page, MD, director, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
- Ellen V. Sigal, PhD, founder and president, Friends of Cancer Research
- Elias Zerhouni, MD, president, global research and development, sanofi-aventis
Learn more about the National Health Research Forum, and register online today. Admission for Research!America members is complementary.
Research!America thanks our sponsors: sanofi-aventis; Pfizer, Inc; PhRMA; Howard Hughes Medical Institute; Battelle; Infocast; Zogby International; and Health Affairs.
For information other than sponsorship opportunities, contact Michelle Hernandez at mhernandez at researchamerica.org.
Make sure to leave us a comment and let us know you're coming!