How will the elections impact investment in health research? What can the advocacy community expect from the 112th Congress? What strategies will ensure research remains a funding priority?
Join us November 16 for a distinguished panel of speakers that will help us survey the landscape in the aftermath of this year's midterm elections. The event, a part of our Your Candidates-Your Health voter education initiative, will be held in the auditorium at the American Association for the Advancement of Science in Washington, DC.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Alan I. Leshner, PhD, AAAS chief executive officer
- The Honorable John Edward Porter, Research!America chair;
- Stacie Propst, PhD, Research!America vice president of science policy and outreach;
- Mary Woolley, Research!America president and CEO; and
- Norman J. Ornstein, PhD, of the American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research.
Admission is free, and the event begins at 10 a.m. with a breakfast and networking opportunity. Speakers will present starting at 10:30 a.m., and a question-and-answer session will follow.
To sign up for the event, visit the event listing on our website.